Problem getting started to python ldap.

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Oct 13 18:27:24 CEST 2003

Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_ldap.so: undefined
> symbol: ldap_first_reference

There's probably something wrong with your local installation. Check items
10. and 11. on

   http://python-ldap.sf.net/faq.shtml

> Or maybe, "import ldap" just is not the way to get started

It's definitely the way to get started.

$ python -c "import ldap;print ldap.__version__"
2.0.0pre14

> O yes...my contractors will absolutely disallow me to run unstable
> software there. So, how satble is "pre14",

I'm using it in several projects.

> and is there a release date set to 2.0?

No.

> Or, if there are some features waiting to be
> finished, what is the latest stable release?

Look into TODO what is still missing. Contributions welcome.