ssl/tls and ldap?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Oct 25 00:19:01 CEST 2003

Anthony Barker wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to use the ldap libraries to access an
> ldap directory on port 636 using ssl.

It is possible provided your local OpenLDAP libs were built with
'./configure --with-tls' and python-ldap was built with 'ssl crypto'
(without quotes) added to line 'libs' in setup.cfg.

See Build/setup.cfg.suse-linux for an example for setup.cfg with SSL/TLS and
SASL support.

> I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation.

See Demo/initialize.py in python-ldap's source distribution.