change passwd on openldap via exop?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Oct 31 00:54:44 CET 2003

paul wrote:

> see subject for the problem ;) Is it possible with python-ldap? I
> couldn't find something like ldap_extended_operation().

 From TODO:

- Support Extended Operations by wrapping
   ldap_extended_operation() and ldap_parse_extended_result()
   - Set Password ext. op.
   - Whoami ext. op.

Feel free to submit patches implementing LDAP ext. ops.

> I'd like to change passwords without the need to bind anonymously first
> and search for the {WHATEVER} string, not to mention all the hassle to
> generate passwords locally (on windows).

I'm not sure what exactly you're planning to do. But usually it's quite
trivial to set (client-side hashed) passwords by modifying 'userPassword'.