Searching, Simple question...

Asaf Shakarchi asaf at asaf.gotdns.com
Mon Nov 3 22:13:30 CET 2003

Hello,

I have some directory that looks like this:

Dc=aup

Ou=customers

Ou=Customer's name

I just want to get a list of the customer's name,

There's anyway to do it? since search_s returns the entire line with the
whole DNS.

My code look like this:

import ldap

conn = ldap.initialize("ldap://ldap_server")

conn.set_option(ldap.VERSION, ldap.VERSION3)

conn.simple_bind_s(ADMIN_USER)

dn="ou=Customers,dc=alwaysup"

res = conn.search_s(dn, ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL, "objectClass=*", [])

for name,attrs in res:

  print name

ofcourse it prints the whole path, output is something like that:

ou=CustomerName,ou=Customers,dc=aup

I just want to get a list of 'CustomerName', even without the OU.

Well, I guess this is a python question, not an python-ldap one but
maybe there are some functions that make it easy to retrieve only
specific part of the result in python-ldap?

Thanks.