Show the whole tree

Lukas Meyer lukas at msys.ch
Thu Dec 4 14:45:06 CET 2003

Hello,

I want to show the whole tree with a for loop or anything else. I think
it could work as follow:

hasLeaveEntry() is a funktion that returns 0 or 1 if a subentry is there.

    for name, attrs in l.search_s(dn, ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL,
"objectclass=*", []):
          x = hasLeaveEntry(name)
          if x == 1:
                for name, attrs in l.search_s(dn, ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL,
"objectclass=*", []):
                   x = hasLeaveEntry(name)
                   and so on...
          else:
                continue

But I want to write one, or two loops, which can show me every entry.
For Example: Show first entry in base dc=x, if it has a leaveentry, show
first entry in base dc=xx,dc=x and so on, or if not, show second entry
in base dc=x, and again the same as above.  However I can't get any loop
working which is doing that as I described.

Does anyone know a better technic oder anything else who might help me?

Best regards
Lukas