Error in ldapsearch??

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Dec 9 20:43:47 CET 2003

Klinger Christian wrote:

> The Problem:
> I make some LDAP Queries (Zope External Method) over a large network!
> Sometimes i got a "good" result but sometimes i got the error
> "Can´t contact LDAP-Server"!

Probably the LDAP servers limits the time span your LDAP connection is
valid and drops the connection. You have to deal with that in your application.

ldap.ldapobject.ReconnectLDAPObject is probably what you're looking for.
Note that I screwed up a module import in ReconnectLDAPObject in current
2.0.0pre17. Use upcoming 2.0.0pre18 instead.