Hanging during ldaps

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Jan 5 22:31:07 CET 2004

Goucher, Adam wrote:
> I'm trying to use python-ldap to connect to an iplanet 5.1 ldap.

Which version of python-ldap and which version of the OpenLDAP libs are you
using?

> Connecting via ldap:// works, but the script is hanging when connecting
> through ldaps://. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Just guessing since you did not mention what "is hanging" means and you did
not provide a Python traceback: You have to tell where to find the CA's
certificate by calling

ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE,path_to_cacert_file) or
ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_X_TLS_CACERTDIR,path_of_cacert_dir).

See Demo/initialize.py.

> I am using python 2.3.2 for windows, and the python-ldap module found at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/volkerw/LdapWin32.dsdfs

Does this binary really have support for LDAP over SSL?