ldap.sasl.gssapi example?

Gavin Doughtie gdoughtie at anim.dreamworks.com
Wed Apr 7 01:19:02 CEST 2004

I'm running the Python script from an interactive shell, and I have a
Kerberos ticket. So far, everything is running as me with my tickets. As
far as the Python script having access -- well, as far as I can
understand things it *should* have access via the native sasl library
which, using GSSAPI, should go grab my ticket and present it to the LDAP
server. However, I think either the sasl_bind_interactive method is
broken or I'm not giving it the right information.

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Gavin Doughtie wrote:
>> I need to use Kerberos authentication through GSSAPI to talk to our
>> LDAP server.
> I don't have personal experience with such a setup.
>>  I have a valid Kerberos ticket granting ticket, and I can use the
>> ldapadd utility to accomplish what I want on the server in question,
>> [..]
>> ldap.LOCAL_ERROR: {'desc': 'Local error'}
> Just guessing:
> Is the Python script running as the same user as your ldapadd test?
> Does the Python script have access to the Kerberos ticket?
> Ciao, Michael.

Gavin Doughtie
DreamWorks SKG