referrals

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Apr 7 09:00:17 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:38:27AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Jerome Alet wrote:
> >
> >I wanted to know if special coding is needed to support referrals ?
>
> Yes.

Ouch ! That's short !

> >Is there some code example somewhere on how to deal with them ?
>
> I don't have simple code snippet around.

I can't find any on google either.

Does anyone else have such an example to share ?

> >When doing a modify_s() on a slave server, here's the exception
> >an user of my software obtains :
>
> In a master-slave replication scenario the slave server is probably
> read-only for applications.

Yes, this is the case. So tell me if I understand correctly :

  - My app tries to do the modification to the server it is bound to,
    which is the slave.

  - This fails AND automatic referral handling is not activated because
    I've not coded anything special to handle referrals.

  - Then the exception is about authentication because stronger
    credentials would be needed to write to the slave.

Am I correct ?

Thanks in advance

Jerome Alet
--
"Now that I'm connected to the Internet, everybody seems
to know that I've got a small dick." - Me.