referrals

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sat Apr 10 00:02:05 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:52:45PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Jerome Alet wrote:
> >
> >No sure it is very clear. Summarised it could be : do all reads from
> >the slave and all writes to the master.
>
> Well, if your master providing write access is always the same server I
> don't see a need to use referrals at all. ;-)

I beg to differ : I'd prefer my program to ignore the LDAP
architecture of the particular site, since it must work on
many different ones.

I just want my software to deal with a single LDAP server at any
time, and if for a particular operation python-ldap receives
informations telling it that another server should be asked for this
operation instead, then I'd really like python-ldap to do all the
dirty work automatically for me, and in the worst case, tell my
program it can't but "here-is-the-server-to-ask-instead" : in this
case I'd modify my program to do another bind and retry the
operation there, but if python-ldap already does this for me then I
couldn't be more happy...

bye

Jerome Alet
--
"Now that I'm connected to the Internet, everybody seems
to know that I've got a small dick." - Me.