Jerome Alet alet at
Sat Apr 10 00:21:49 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:10:49AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Think about these aspects:
> Which bind information (method, username or bind-DN, credentials) to use at
> the referred server?

isn't the information returned a complete LDAP url with all necessary
information ?

> Should the application continue to use the referred server after referral
> has been received or switch back to the original server?
> (Hint: Think about referrals being knowledge references to other parts of
> the DIT vs. your master-slave scenario.)

Sh.t ! You're right !

Thanks for your help, you opened my eyes (and it's probably time to
close them again until tomorrow, thinking about all this while

Jerome Alet
"Now that I'm connected to the Internet, everybody seems
to know that I've got a small dick." - Me.