How to get msgid from ldap.result() call?

Ken Key key-ldap-dev at KSquared.NET
Mon May 3 23:55:01 CEST 2004

Hi Folks,

    when calling ldap.result(msgid=ldap.RES_ANY) on several
outstanding async client requests in python-ldap 2.0.0pre21, I
cannot find a way to get the received message ID.  In looking
through the sources, it appears the information is never preserved.
I locally hacked my copy of LDAPObject.c to make ldap.result()
return a 3-part tuple of (result_type, result_data, result_msgid),
where result_msgid = ldap_msgid(msg) after the msg was determined
to be good.  I need the message ID to match up the reply with the
originating request context.

Am I missing something?  Is there already a way to retreive the
msgid that I missed?

Thanks for any info,
K^2