Where's the RES_BIND?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue May 11 23:23:37 CEST 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:06:40PM +0000, Jerry Lee wrote:
| Hello All,
|
| I just dusted off a QT LDAP browser I had been working on and noticed it
| didn't work.
| A bit of investigation revealed that after:
| import ldap
| 1
| 97
|
| 97?  It used to be 'RES_BIND'.....
| Guess things have changed a bit :-)

Use the symbolic names provided by the module.  Don't use string
literals.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=4346&max_rows=25&style=flat&viewmonth=200403&viewday=11

| These docs:
| http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/doc/python-ldap/ldap-objects.html
| seem a bit off.

The docs are missing the module constants.  One way to see what is
available :
    $ python
    Python 2.3.3 (#2, Feb 24 2004, 09:29:20)
    [GCC 3.3.3 (Debian)] on linux2
    >>> import ldap
    >>> dir(ldap)

For the code shown above, use :