Notes on ActivePython and IIS

Greg Fortune gfortune at mail.ewu.edu
Wed Jun 30 18:08:36 CEST 2004

I fought with the python-ldap module last night, but couldn't get it to behave
properly.  It would import when working on the command line or through
PythonWin, but refused to import through ASP/IIS.  I would get a module not
found error message.

This morning, I tried the .exe installer from Mauro
(python-ldap-2.0.0pre14.win32-py2.3.exe) and it worked like a charm.  It
appears that the package from volker doesn't function properly with
ActivePython through ASP (python-2.3-ldap-2.0.0pre11.win32.zip) although it
might simply be the difference in version numbers.  btw, I installed the .zip
file by copying the ldap directory and files into
c:\Python23\Lib\site-packages so I believe I got it installed correctly.

Greg Fortune