Error: Schema fetching on Oracle Directory Server

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jan 20 09:23:22 CET 2005

Wido,

Michael Ströder wrote:

>> Since the old split_token(string) function wasn't documented and not
>> well prepared for handling these special cases, I rewrote the
>> function. It can be found here:
>> http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~ifwd/luma/split_tokens.py
>
> I'm currently testing your code.

There seems to be something wrong with your version of function
ldap.schema.tokenizer.split_tokens(). I've experienced some strange
issues when accessing MS AD with web2ldap.

Find attached a script I'm using for regression testing. It fails with
your implementation. Maybe it helps you to sort out the problems. Please
extend this script to also cover the Oracle-specific test cases and send
it back to me. Hmm, the script should be also in
Tests/Lib/ldap/schema/test_tokenizer.py of python-ldap's CVS.
(Not sure, I'm off-line on the train while writing this.)