Error: Schema fetching on Oracle Directory Server

Wido Depping wido.depping at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 18:22:34 CET 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:23:22 +0100, Michael Ströder
<michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
> There seems to be something wrong with your version of function
> ldap.schema.tokenizer.split_tokens(). I've experienced some strange
> issues when accessing MS AD with web2ldap.
>
> Find attached a script I'm using for regression testing. It fails with
> your implementation. Maybe it helps you to sort out the problems. Please
> extend this script to also cover the Oracle-specific test cases and send
> it back to me. Hmm, the script should be also in
> Tests/Lib/ldap/schema/test_tokenizer.py of python-ldap's CVS.
> (Not sure, I'm off-line on the train while writing this.)
>
> Ciao, Michael.

Hi Michael,
Attached are the updated testcase file and my improved split_tokens() function.
This time I use string.split() and string.join() to benefit from their
speed. The added checking in order to comply with the test cases has
the result, that the new algorithm is only slightly faster than the
old one. But now it should work with all known servers :)

mfg.
  Wido
--
Wido Depping