Implementation of LDAPControls

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Feb 21 19:02:17 CET 2005

Ingo Steuwer wrote:

> Enclosed you find my mail including the necessary code-extraction
> for basic ldap-controls in python-ldap.

Glad to see some progress in this field. Thanks.

Could you please send a unified diff against the CVS tree? I will take a
closer look at it.

There's also another issue with licensing:
Which plans Univention has with this code? Would Univention be willing
to give away copyright so that some time in the future we can
stream-line the licensing?
I'm not a lawyer. But I guess strictly speaking we would need kind of a
legal person to give the copyright to. Maybe contributing the code under
Python style license would be easier...sigh!

Please consult your management and your legal department before we can
incorporate code into the python-ldap CVS.