Implementation of LDAPControls

Deepak Giridharagopal deepak at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 25 22:06:31 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 18:29 +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> I've committed your patches to CVS since they seem to be the most
> complete solution.

Great! :)

Regarding your suggestions, I've attached a new patch (I diff'ed against
the cvs HEAD).

> But I'd really prefer to have code without
> goto-statements. Could you please work out a solution for this?

Done!

(FWIW, I'd prefer to have code without goto-statements, too, but I'm of
the opinion that error handling in C is one of the few situations in
which goto's actually *help* readability. But since you're the boss,
I'll heed your conventions. :) )

> And
> maybe it would be nice to extract the helper functions for LDAPControls
> to a separate C source text called ldapcontrols.c?

Done!

> One thing I wonder about is whether it's possible to send a control
> where the control value is absent (e.g. by passing None as control
> value)? See RFC3296 chapter 3 for an example (ManageDsaIT Control).

Done!

(Before, an error would have been thrown. Now, 'None' is permitted.)

> Thanks again for working on it!

No problem. :)

Cheers!
deepak