Odd error with sasl_interactive_bind_s

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Mar 4 13:12:22 CET 2005

Deepak Giridharagopal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 01:45 +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>>No easy way to make it work without another #if ?
>
> It took me a while to find it (I didn't know it existed!), but there is
> a function, Py_GetVersion,

Sorry, I meant a solution without checking the Python version at all.

> This patch is a little longer than the previous one, but it works just
> as well. Plus, this way we're doing a run-time check instead of a
> compile-time check.

If we have to check the Python version a compile-time check would be the
preferred solution (see below why).

> This will let people upgrade to Python 2.3+ without
> having to recompile python-ldap.

Extension modules are not binary-compatible between media versions of
Python. A module compiled for 2.2 cannot run under Python 2.3 without
being rebuilt.