Odd error with sasl_interactive_bind_s

Mauro Cicognini mcicogni at libero.it
Fri Mar 4 14:29:36 CET 2005

Deepak Giridharagopal wrote:

>This patch is a little longer than the previous one, but it works just
>as well. Plus, this way we're doing a run-time check instead of a
>compile-time check. This will let people upgrade to Python 2.3+ without
>having to recompile python-ldap.

This would be very well, and a Good Thing, although I beg to differ - on
Windows a different version of the binaries will always  be needed if
changing minor version since extensions are linked to the Python DLL
which is called python22.dll, python23.dll, python24.dll and so on.

Moreover, reading the code it appears to me that checking just the minor
version means that as written it will only work within the 2.x branch.
Of course there's no telling what will happen in the time coming, so
this point can be moot, but I would advise for checking the major
version also.
After all, there's still a sizable amount of old code around still using
(actually, requiring!) Python 1.5.2...

Anyway, thanks for the great work, it is doing us a lot of good.

Mauro