Odd error with sasl_interactive_bind_s

Deepak Giridharagopal deepak at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 4 19:29:57 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 13:12 +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Extension modules are not binary-compatible between media versions of
> Python. A module compiled for 2.2 cannot run under Python 2.3 without
> being rebuilt.

Hmmm, didn't realize that. I will now wave my magic wand and we'll all
pretend I never sent out that last message. :)

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 14:29 +0100, Mauro Cicognini wrote:
> Moreover, reading the code it appears to me that checking just the minor
> version means that as written it will only work within the 2.x branch.
> Of course there's no telling what will happen in the time coming, so
> this point can be moot, but I would advise for checking the major
> version also.

When Python 3000 comes out it will have python-ldap as part of the
standard library and our work will be done! ;) Checking the major
version is trivial to do; I just didn't include it as python-ldap won't
work with 1.x (right?), and I assumed that Python 3.x will require some
major structural changes in the entire codebase. I take your point,
though.

Does anyone have any objections to the attached patch, then?

Cheers!
deepak

--
Deepak Giridharagopal