Setting password

Bjorn Ove Grotan bjorn.grotan at itea.ntnu.no
Tue May 24 14:31:19 CEST 2005

Daniel LB:
> Yes, I am doing this with AD.
> I tried what you said and the error message I got back was
> WILL_NOT_PERFORM (Server unwilling to perform), so I'm guessing it's
> because I don't use any encryption on my connection.
>
> But, since I'm only connecting to localhost, is encryption really necessary?
Depends on wether your server allows non-encrypted authentication or
not. In general, I wouldn't to non-anonumous non-encrypted
authenticaion.

> Anyway.. could you give me an example of how you establish your
> encrypted connection?

TLS:
l = ldap.open("localhost")
l.start_tls_s()
# Now we've got tls over port 389
l.simple_bind("someuser","secret")

SSL:
l = ldap.initialize("localhost") # use fqdn and/or cn in the certificate here
# That's it.. we've got ldap using SSL -> Secure socket layer
l.simple_bind("someuser","secret")

--
Regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan