python-ldap under OS X 10.4

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Jun 29 09:24:11 CEST 2005

On 28 Jun 2005, at 14:51, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I find myself unable to use python-ldap compiled under OS X 10.4.
> It compiles, but loading it leads to unresolved symbols.

Just to close out this thread, if you compile python-ldap against you
own hand-rolled OpenLDAP instead of the system-provided libraries/
headers it works fine. So basically the fault lies with the crummy OL
libraries shipped with OS X 10.4. This is a recent breakage, it did
not occur on any 10.3 version.

So now I'm happily running python-ldap 2.0.8 on both Python 2.4.1 and
2.3.5 built against OL 2.2.26/BDB 4.52.4 on OS X.

For those who have tried to build Python 2.3.5 on OS X 10.4 and
failed (such as me until yesterday) here's a howto:

http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/florent_guillaume/
2005_05_21_compiling_python_2_3_5

jens