bugs in ldap.OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION ?

Jérôme Wax jerome.wax at linbox.com
Wed Jul 20 15:26:09 CEST 2005

I've got this error message for my function who delete objectClass on an
entry

In this example i delete objectClass "person"

My function try to delete sn,telephoneNumber and seeAlso attributes...
cause the over are used by other schema.

I've got this error message

ldap.OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: {'info': "object class 'inetOrgPerson'
requires attribute 'sn'", 'desc': 'Object class violation'}

But sn is not a required attribute for inetOrgPerson...

and inetOrgPerson schema response doesn't contain sn attribute...