bugs in ldap.OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION ?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jul 20 17:10:57 CEST 2005

Jérôme Wax wrote:

> ldap.OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: {'info': "object class 'inetOrgPerson'
> requires attribute 'sn'", 'desc': 'Object class violation'}

Yepp.

> But sn is not a required attribute for inetOrgPerson...

It is required since inetOrgPerson is SUP organizationalPerson which is
SUP person.

> and inetOrgPerson schema response doesn't contain sn attribute...

You have to resolve object class inheritance.

Fortunately you can use ready-to-use methods:

  ldap.schema.subentry.SubSchema.attribute_types()

Or the convenience wrapper method:

  ldap.schema.models.Entry.attribute_types().

BTW: Attribute types are derived via SUP too...

Additionally I'd recommend to use the schema browser in
http://www.web2ldap.de to dig your local LDAP server's schema. :-)