Mac OS X Binary Download

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jul 5 13:07:51 CEST 2006

brad.allen at omsdal.com wrote:

> Hm...without SASL is there any other way to perform secure LDAP
> authentication using Python-ldap?

You could use simple bind (with clear-text password) over SSL/TLS.

> My goal is to find a way in Python to securely authenticate against
> an Active Directory.

SASL/GSSAPI

you need to compile python-ldap with SASL support off course.

> It would be even better if the
> script could obtain a Kerberos ticket, so the ticket could be passed
> to a server app for inspection.

kinit is called by the user before using your application (to achieve
SSO). On Windows that's another story. Maybe you're better off using
win32all with ADSI there.