Mac OS X Binary Download

brad.allen at brad.allen at
Mon Jul 3 18:25:10 CEST 2006

Ben Gollmer <ben at> wrote on 07/01/2006 02:31:03 PM:

> On Jul 1, 2006, at 9:56 AM, brad.allen at wrote:
> > Thanks! Do you also have one for the Python 2.3.5 that comes
> > bundled with
> > Mac OS X?
> Not ATM, although I could whip one up if you like. Also note that
> these packages are built on "stock" 10.4, so they don't have SASL
> enabled (Apple doesn't ship SASL libs or headers with their developer
> tools).

Hm...without SASL is there any other way to perform secure LDAP
authentication using Python-ldap?

My goal is to find a way in Python to securely authenticate against
an Active Directory. The user will enter their username/password into a
PythonCard GUI and then Python will try that username and password
against the Active Directory.  It would be even better if the
script could obtain a Kerberos ticket, so the ticket could be passed
to a server app for inspection. That way, the server app could trust
that the client is who it claims to be.  However, Kerberos programming
is a bit above my head right now, so for now secure LDAP authentication
would be nice. If anyone on this list is interested in a consulting
gig to help me figure this out, please contact me off-list.