Can't Import LDAP

LI Xin delphij at delphij.net
Thu Sep 28 15:48:27 CEST 2006

Hi, Ted,

Ted Johnson wrote:
> Hi;
> I'm on FreeBSD 6.1. I've successfully installed OpenLDAP from the port
> (I can issue commands to the s/w at the prompt) and it appears I've done
> the same with py-ldap2 (don't know what commands to issue, but FreeBSD
> says the s/w was loaded successfully). However, when I fire up my Python
> interpreter and enter "import ldap" I'm told no such module exists.
> What could I be doing wrong?

I do use py-ldap2 on FreeBSD a lot, and I think I have did a good job on
the port ;-) so I would like to help out.

Which python release do you use?  Will you please check the output of
'pkg_info -L py24-ldap2-2.2.0' to confirm that it has installed the
stuff into your python installation's site-packages/ directory?

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!