Problem parsing LDIF change records

Michael Ströder michael at
Fri Sep 29 11:43:10 CEST 2006

Roland Hedberg wrote:
>>I'm having problem with LDIFParser and LDIF change records.
>>I'm using 2.2.0 which to my knowledge is the last official release.
> No offence, but has anybody ever used python-ldap to handle LDIF change
> records ?

No, change records are not supported yet.

> Working my way down into the code, it becomes more and more obvious that
> there is no way it would have worked as expected.

Never had the spare time to finish it especially since I didn't have a
clear plan on how to handle different LDAP operations. One idea was to
implement separate methods like handle_op_add(), handle_op_modify(),

I'd appreciate if you could fix it. Patches welcome. If it turns out
that it's necessary to change the class API completely it might be a
good idea to implement a separate class (or even a separate module).

See also SF#790789: