winldap?

Jonathan Bowman bowmanj at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 11 20:26:22 CET 2006

Greetings.

I am interested in feedback from you regarding the possibility of the
python-ldap project providing modules that interface with Wldap32.dll
on Windows. I am currently working on some modules that do this based
on the python ctypes module.

I have not tried compiling python-ldap on Windows myself, but I do
note that the currently available win32 binary builds do not support
SASL. Would providing an interface that uses Wldap32.dll ease the
pressure on the rest of you to make python-ldap work with OpenLDAP
compiled on Windows?

If anyone has worked on this, I would love to know how it worked for
you. If you think this has potential, I would be more than happy to
show you what I am working on. If it seems like something good to
include in python-ldap, I will need some advice on how best to do
this.

Thank you,
Jonathan Bowman