winldap?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Dec 13 20:24:48 CET 2006

Jonathan Bowman wrote:

> BTW, does python-ldap use OpenLDAP for schema parsing, or does it
> implement this in pure python? I thought I understood correctly that
> ldap.schema is all python.

Yes, ldap.schema is currently pure Python. Also the modules ldif,
ldapurl, ldap.filter, ldap.dn, ldap.modlist, ldap.cidict, dsml. But ldif
is much slower than the most recent version of OpenLDAP LDIF parser. And
for performance I might re-enable the existing C wrapper for schema
parsing. Similar to automagically importing pickle or cPickle, StringIO
or cStringIO depending on availability.