patch for documentation

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Jan 2 17:02:58 CET 2007

Lionel,

Lionel Porcheron wrote:

> One of Ubuntu users send us a patch on your documentation (see
> attached). Can you check it and see if it is appropriate and in this
> case include it in your future releases.
>
> The original bug is reachable here :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/python-ldap/+bug/73615

Thanks for pointing that out. But actually the __doc__ string has more
appropriate wording which I will use in the docs:

>>> import ldap
>>> print ldap.ldapobject.LDAPObject.modrdn.__doc__

    modrdn(dn, newrdn [,delold=1]) -> int
    modrdn_s(dn, newrdn [,delold=1]) -> None
        Perform a modify RDN operation. These routines take dn, the
        DN of the entry whose RDN is to be changed, and newrdn, the
        new RDN to give to the entry. The optional parameter delold
        is used to specify whether the old RDN should be kept as
        an attribute of the entry or not.  The asynchronous version
        returns the initiated message id.

        This operation is emulated by rename() and rename_s() methods
        since the modrdn2* routines in the C library are deprecated.