other ldap servers

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jan 5 03:36:02 CET 2007

Anil wrote:
> Will python-ldap package ever support other ldap servers?

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer:
My web2ldap uses python-ldap. I used this tool with a wide range of
different server products. This page should give you a rough idea:
http://www.web2ldap.de/compability.html

> (primarily I
> am thinking of Sun's directory or  the OpenDS)

I'm not aware of any issues with this specific LDAP server regarding
access with python-ldap.

> I've compiled python-ldap using openldap and have used it against them
> but one specific method I am concerned with is the modrdn/renames. Not
> sure they work well with Sun's directory.

Can you please elaborate. What issues are you seeing?