Compiling on windows

Jonathan Bowman bowmanj at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 10 14:28:12 CET 2007

I have been trying to build python-ldap on Windows. First, I need to
build openldap on Windows using openssl, heimdal (kerberos 5, gssapi,
etc.), and cyrus-sasl. I am doing this using mingw (as I assume that
is what python-ldap uses).

OpenSSL is not a problem, but then I get stuck on heimdal, which keeps
me from compiling cyrus-sasl. Should I be using MIT Kerberos instead?
(I do not know how to build MIT Kerberos using mingw). I am using
MSYS, heimdal has a problem with sockets on Windows.

Can anyone give me any hints at all? At this point, I do not know how
to do this without getting involved in altering significant source
code in heimdal, which is beyond my means.

Thanks for any response,
Jonathan Bowman