peculiar problem

Anil Jangity anilj at entic.net
Sat Feb 24 04:14:04 CET 2007

(thanks for all the help in my previous posts)

Hi,

I am seeing a peculiar problem in this area of the code. I don't know
exactly how to reproduce it. It almost like I have to wait a while and
I see this problem.

url = ''.join((self.server, base, '?', attr, '?', scope, '?', filter, '?'))
try:
    print url
    ldap_url = ldapurl.LDAPUrl(url)
    print ldap_url.attrs
    print attr
except ValueError:
    print "Bad URL"

The output is:

ldap://somehost.com:389/ou=People, o=entic.net?uid?one?mail=anilj at entic.net?
[u'uid']
uid
Error - <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: ('expected string in list', u'uid')

I am not sure if this is with my Pylons (web development framework) or
something specific to python-ldap.

Let me know if you can give me pointers on how I can try to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Anil