add_s: ldap.INVALID_DN_SYNTAX

Ervin Hegedüs airween at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 09:37:50 CET 2007

Hello,

>  Since your script is run by cron every one minute, i wonder that do
> you have any lock mechanisms to prevent more than one instance of your
> script to start?
It's very interesting theory...

> some buggy or mis-configured ldapserver can not work
> properly when large amounts of write operations come simultaneously.
Hmmm... I think there is _no_ other thread (or process), what wants to
write to database.

>  What I suggest is carefully re-design your script. use some lock
> mechanisms and some queue technologies.

I don't think so it any LDAP client requires this feature. It's like any
SQL server needs to lock a table, when a client wants to insert a
simple record.
(Don't wrong me: I know, there are many cases need to lock a table,
but IMHO that's for other cases)

Handle the clients requests is the most common function of any kind
of "database" servers - in this case the database word means any kind
of structure-handle application. :) But this is a flame-way, sorry.

Back to my problem: on that machine there is just one user, who gets
access to LDAP db, and that user write to db _only_ when original list
was modified. That's occurrence is 1-5 event per week...(!)

Thanks:
a.