add_s: ldap.INVALID_DN_SYNTAX

Chaos Eternal chaoseternal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 06:05:59 CET 2007

Helo

On 3/10/07, Ervin Hegedüs <airween at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >  Since your script is run by cron every one minute, i wonder that do
> > you have any lock mechanisms to prevent more than one instance of your
> > script to start?
> It's very interesting theory...

chaos at felucia:~$ ps afx|grep sleep
25170 ?        Ss     0:00  |   \_ sleep 300
25246 ?        Ss     0:00  |   \_ sleep 300
25324 ?        Ss     0:00  |   \_ sleep 300
25403 ?        Ss     0:00  |   \_ sleep 300
25486 ?        Ss     0:00      \_ sleep 300
25530 pts/5    S+     0:00  |   \_ grep sleep
chaos at felucia:~$ crontab -l
# m h  dom mon dow   command
* * * * * sleep 300

have i missed something?

> > some buggy or mis-configured ldapserver can not work
> > properly when large amounts of write operations come simultaneously.
> Hmmm... I think there is _no_ other thread (or process), what wants to
> write to database.

Still dont get it?

> >  What I suggest is carefully re-design your script. use some lock
> > mechanisms and some queue technologies.
>
> I don't think so it any LDAP client requires this feature. It's like any
> SQL server needs to lock a table, when a client wants to insert a
> simple record.
> (Don't wrong me: I know, there are many cases need to lock a table,
> but IMHO that's for other cases)
>
> Handle the clients requests is the most common function of any kind
> of "database" servers - in this case the database word means any kind
> of structure-handle application. :) But this is a flame-way, sorry.
>
> Back to my problem: on that machine there is just one user, who gets
> access to LDAP db, and that user write to db _only_ when original list
> was modified. That's occurrence is 1-5 event per week...(!)

If the event only occures 1-5 time per-week, why you make your script
run every minute?