[Fwd: Active directory signature]

Garland, Ken R garlandkr at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:13:36 CEST 2007

On 5/2/07, Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr> wrote:
> forwarding this message since I'm now subscribed.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr> -----
>
> > From: Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr>
> > To: python-ldap-dev at lists.sourceforge.net
> > Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:10:39 +0200
> > Subject: Active directory signature
> >
> > Hi there !
> >
> > I've some customer code which has been recently broken, since they
> > upgraded to AD3. It's some basic authentication code using python-ldap
> > (I'm not sure which version is installed on their servers). Their
> > microsoft expert told them it was because they changed the "Domain
> > controller: LDAP server signing requirements" option to "Require signing",

basically saying they now require authentication. you just need to
determine what credentials have been setup to allow whatev er task it
is you want to accomplish, then specify them inside your python-ldap
program. something similar to:

                l=ldap.initialize("ldap://your.server.com")
                l.bind('cn=the_cn_you_use,dc=server,dc=com', 'password')

change 'cn' to 'uid' or whatever it is that your bind requires. set
that to a user which has permissions to do whatever it is you are
trying to do, simple searches, modifying entries, etc.