unicode value

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu May 24 18:56:09 CEST 2007

Alain Spineux wrote:

> Are you using often '+' and '*'  (in real application, not ldap browser,
> nor editor tools) ?

In small scripts I'm explicitly requesting certain attribute types.

Hmm, not sure about some directory sync tools I wrote for customers
which have kind of a generic processing and low-level classes create
different entry objects.

> And that way, user keep control with explicit conversion.

But I suspect that most programmers use '*' in their home-grown scripts.

> >    The only clean solution would be something involving LDAP schema
> >    processing!
>
> Yes but what about unknown field type ?

If you really want to dive into this look in directory
pylib/w2lapp/schema/ of web2ldap's source. It works for me but I did not
consider this whole framework mature enough to be incorporated into
python-ldap.