controls and BER encoding of its values

Andreas Hasenack ahasenack at terra.com.br
Mon May 28 15:08:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

last Friday I played a bit with controls in python-ldap. I was trying to
get the matched-values control (LDAP_CONTROL_VALUESRETURNFILTER) to
work.

It seems I have to manually do the BER encoding of the values. I googled
for some modules and pyasn1 seems to be the most complete one, but I
would have to basically write classes for the whole LDAP spec :(

This mailing list had some discussion about this previously, and some
other names popped up, like pysnmp and pisces.

So, what are you guys using for LDAP BER encoding in python nowadays?