patch: change sasl.h into sasl/sasl.h

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:19:35 CEST 2007

On 6/1/07, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:

> Alain Spineux wrote:
> >
> > May I suggest to change (in file LDAPObject.c )
> >
> >> #include <sasl.h>
> >
> > into
> >
> >> #include <sasl/sasl.h>
> >
> > That way you can change (in file setup.cfg)
> >
> >>  library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap- 2.3/lib
> >>  include_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include /usr/include/sasl
> >
> > into
> >
> >>  library_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/lib
> >>  include_dirs = /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include
> >
> > That way gcc will use its own header location and not use the
> > one installed in /usr/include/sasl by any linux distribution
> > This is useful when having multiple version of gcc ...
> >
> > That way on my own system I don't need tu update setup.cfg.
>
> Alain, this seems to make sense. But are you sure that it's valid for
> all versions of Cyrus-SASL? I

No :-(
I looked postfix sources and found about SASL  1.5.5

On some systems this generates the necessary Makefile definitions:

(for SASL version 1.5.5):

    % make tidy # if you have left-over files from a previous build
    % make makefiles CCARGS="-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/local/include" \
        AUXLIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lsasl"

(for SASL version 2.1.1):

    % make tidy # if you have left-over files from a previous build
    % make makefiles CCARGS="-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/local/include/sasl" \
        AUXLIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lsasl2"

'd love to accept this change but I wonder
> whether it will break older installations.

This is what I worry about.

Note that you can correct the
> current include-statement by tweaking setup.cfg. But not the other way.
>
> In OpenLDAP sources the following construct is used:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_SASL_SASL_H
> #include <sasl/sasl.h>
> #else
> #include <sasl.h>
> #endif
>
> I guess HAVE_SASL_SASL_H is set by autoconf though.

Yes I saw that.

Keep the idea in your mind, and a day, if you use like me a "tree rooted"
system like openpkg,
don't replace the current /usr/include/sasl with
/openpkg/include/sasl/sasl.h,
just apply my patch :-)

Ciao, Michael.

Regards.