Preparing release 2.3.1

Timur Izhbulatov TimurIzhbulatov at oilspace.com
Tue Jul 17 14:45:37 CEST 2007

Torsten Kurbad wrote:
> Timur Izhbulatov wrote:
>> Don't forget that the easy_install command works perfectly with
>> project download pages on sf.net. So, I don't think it is necessary to
>> upload .eggs to PyPI.
> The question for me is: Does zc.buildout support this method. To clearify: We are developing projects that are widely based on Zope3 (http://www.zope.org). The zope corporation developed a concept named buildout to install .eggs locally in a project directory, which is interesting for users who don't have permission to write into the system's site-packages. This way, also different versions of python packages may coexist peacefully, since buildouts don't know the environment of their neighbors.
>
> I will check, if the buildout.cfg supports checking out and building eggs from sf.net, but nevertheless, building on e.g. OS X is a bit tricky, since it lacks the appropriate openldap-2.3 and sasl headers, not even to speak of Win32...

According to [1] buildout supports the 'find-links' option which should solve
your problem. Also, I don't think it has something to do with the location of
your python libraries. For example, I keep most of the stuff I need in
$HOME/lib/python.

> And uploading to PyPI is as easy as:
>
> # python setup.py register bdist_egg upload

Of course. But I think it's better to keep all eggs in one basket =)

[1] http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Buildout/egg.html

Cheers,
--
Timur Izhbulatov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia