Preparing release 2.3.1

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Wed Jul 18 08:01:05 CEST 2007

Torsten Kurbad wrote:
>> I'd like to release 2.3.1 soon.
> still one question: Do you plan to upload some .eggs to PyPI then?
> I meanwhile successfully build eggs for i686-linux as well as Mac OS
> X 10.4 PPC (Intel platforms should work the same way) using Py 2.3 +
> 2.4.
>
> Nice to have would be an egg for the Windows platform, which I can't
> build due to the lack of a proper Windows devel environment.
>
> Anyway, after 2.3.1 is released, I'd be happy to contribute the
> mentioned .egg files - could you then upload them to PyPI? I could do
> that, too, but it's for you to decide...

Being in the role of the maintainer I'm always concerned about
continuous support for a certain mechanism. Since .egg files are
platform-specific the question arises:
Who is going to provide which builds for every new release?
On which platforms/distros?
With which OpenLDAP/SASL/OpenSSL libs?

Today especially the situation regarding Win32 builds is poor. A
*strong* commitment of volunteers is needed...