Preparing release 2.3.1

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jul 19 08:52:58 CEST 2007

Alain Spineux wrote:
> Don't  forget your package is already included in some distribution
> and then widely available.

Well, the coordination with distribution maintainers is somewhat
difficult anyway. But the distributor has to take care of dependencies.

> The best effort solution is to publish the version you can and all
> spontaneous contributions.

Example: I'm using openSUSE 10.2. But if I provide a build for that
system it doesn't help anybody since I always have recent OpenLDAP libs
under /opt/openldap-2.3. Or I might temporarily build against the
heimdal libs instead of MIT libs shipped with openSUSE.
=> Personally I won't provide any builds.