Couldn't install PloneLDAP - ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found

michael nt milne michael.milne at
Mon Jul 23 15:18:48 CEST 2007

I'm getting the following error with PloneLDAP. Any information appreciated.
Windows XP is the current operating system. Plone 3. My python version is
2.4.4 and is installed correctly. I Have verified this using the cmd line
methond. I used the packages from , however
the message I get is that 'python 2.4.4 can't be found in the registry'. The
version for python 3 says the same thing ( I also have an earlier version of
Plone installed)

Any help appreciated. The documentation for python - ldap on Windows is a
bit fragmented shall we say :-)

2007-07-23T12:48:44 ERROR Application Couldn't install PloneLDAP
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Zope\lib\python\OFS\", line
752, in install_product
    global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\PloneLDAP\", line
4, in ?
    from Products.PloneLDAP.plugins.ldap import PloneLDAPMultiPlugin
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\PloneLDAP\plugins\",
line 5, in ?
    from Products.LDAPMultiPlugins.LDAPMultiPlugin import LDAPMultiPlugin
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\LDAPMultiPlugins\", line 16, in ?
    from LDAPMultiPlugin import LDAPMultiPlugin, \
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\LDAPMultiPlugins\", line 25, in ?
    from Products.LDAPUserFolder import manage_addLDAPUserFolder
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Data\Products\LDAPUserFolder\",
line 13, in ?
    from Products.LDAPUserFolder.LDAPUserFolder import LDAPUserFolder
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\LDAPUserFolder\", line 34, in ?
    from Products.LDAPUserFolder.LDAPDelegate import filter_format
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone
3\Data\Products\LDAPUserFolder\", line 12, in ?
    import ldap
  File "C:\Program Files\Plone 3\Python\Lib\site-packages\ldap\",
line 23, in ?