Python-LDAP for Win32 & Windows 2003 LDAP

Markus Zapke-Gründemann m.zapke-gruendemann at ewerk.com
Tue Aug 7 21:04:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm using the python-ldap module for Win32 to build an application which is able to find users in an LDAP directory.

A few days ago I tried the first time a subtree search starting at the root of an Active Directory on a Windows 2003 Server. Before I did only a search starting at a single CN or OU. When doing this search from the root of the tree I got the following error message.

Operations error
00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece

Connecting and binding to the server is working flawlessly. Searching subtrees is working as well.

I did also a test with the ldp client of the Microsoft Support Tools package[1], just to verify that all privileges are correct. With this client a search with the same filter from the root of the directory is working.

I tried Mauro's Python-LDAP 2.0.6 for Win32 and Torsten Kurbad's Win32 egg for 2.3.1. Both are working great until it comes to the root of the Windows 2003 LDAP.

Has anyone a hint what the problem could be?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

With kind regards

Markus Zapke-Gründemann

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=49ae8576-9bb9-4126-9761-ba8011fabf38