documentation updates

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Tue Oct 23 19:49:53 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 17:27 +0800, James Andrewartha wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 09:15 +0800, James Andrewartha wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The first patch removes an invalid LDAP option. The second updates the
> > LDAPObject documentation, and the third updates LDAPObject docstrings.
> > Hopefully I'll have time to look at updating the rest of the docs soon.
>
> Here's one for ldap-controls.tex, and a minor fix to ldap/controls.py
> to use the constant it defines. I've noted that the controlValue passed
> to SimplePagedResultsControl's constructor is ignored, but didn't remove
> it because that would be an API change.

ldap-{cidict,resiter,sasl}.tex are all new files covering previously
undocumented modules. dn.diff adds the dn2str method and has a few
formatting fixes. contents.diff updates python-ldap.tex to include the
new sections, and I added a new chapter for ldapurl and ldif called
"Standalone modules". ldap.tex.2.diff applies over my previous patch and
adds a few references and more cleanups.

Remaining undocumented modules include all of ldap.schema and dsml. I
had a quick look at porting the docstrings of dsml, but it refers to
DSMLv1 when v2 was released in 2002. Under-documented modules (generally
only having examples) include ldap.async, ldif and ldapurl.

Is there anything else I need to do to get these applied, and the
version of the docs on the website updated?

James Andrewartha