Creating Active Directory Objects

Mike Matz mmatz at wyoarea.org
Thu Nov 8 04:15:27 CET 2007

Thanks for the help guys.  It got me off to a great start.  I have successfully created a user in my AD.  As you already eluded to, I am struggling with the password attribute.  Can the password attribute be set when creating a user.  From what I gathered, the password attribute is 'unicodePwd'.  This attribute cannot be created, it can only be modified.  Is this attribute created by default when a user is created?  Would I be able to do an add and then a modify to set the password?  I am aware of the fact that there are certain restrictions in place in order to modify the password.  I have setup my AD to include SSL and I am able to bind as Administrator over port 636.  With that said one of the examples I ran across for adding a user refers to another attribute 'userPassword'.  I am unable to tell what this attribute is.  In the link below, it appears that the password is being set when the entry is added.  I have tried this unsuccessfully.  I appreicate all the help thus far.
Regards,
Mike

Example Add Entry - http://www.grotan.com/ldap/python-ldap-samples.html