sAMAccountName

Roland Hedberg roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se
Wed Dec 5 17:36:15 CET 2007

Hi!

A short while ago there was a discussion about how to add users to an AD
using python-ldap.

I benefited a lot from that discussion, so you have my thanks too.

On the topic python-ldap <-> AD:

My problem is that I can add an entry using the User object class and
attributes contained in that class without any problems.

But when I try to add the samAccountName attribute and thereby the
object class SecurityPrincipal the server complains.

The error message I get is 'Server is unwilling to perform' which
doesn't really tell me a lot :-)

Anyone got a clue ?

The AD isn't 'mine', but if there is something you need to know about it
in order to answer my question I can ask the person in charge.

-- Roland