[ANNOUNCE] python-ad

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Dec 10 20:50:11 CET 2007

Geert Jansen wrote:
> Mike Matz wrote:
>> Will this initial release work on Mac OS X? If not, are there any
>> plans in the future for Mac OS X?
>
> At the moment I have not tested Python-AD on OSX, but I would be happy
> to support it in a future version. This requires though that someone
> sends me patches, or that I find a way of getting access to OSX myself
> (I do not own a Mac).

I saw that kinit is started as a shell sub-process. Another approach
might be to use a Python wrapper module for heimdal by Univention
(GPL-ed). Discussion starts here:

http://www.stacken.kth.se/lists/heimdal-discuss/2007-06/msg00073.html

I have a working installation (import works) but did no futher tests.